accurizing options

fisherman983

im new to the custom rifle seen and would like to know what options i have for making one of my rifles more accurate....the rifle in question is a weatherby mark v in .300 wthby mag with stainless fluted barrel...thanks

PM one of the Weatherby sages here on LRH..... Long Time Long Ranger, specweldtom, TRGRMAN, JE Custom, Broz, Magnus....they can get you pointed in the right direction for sure.

My advise is not only for Weatherby's, but here goes. You could try glass or pillar bedding the action to the stock. You could also try getting a getting the action trued and timed. Do you reload? If so you could try different loads to see which one your gun likes. You could also look into an aftermarket barrel. Better scope? Better stock? A muzzle break will also take a little of the recoil out of the equation. I'm a newbie myself, I'm sure others will have more ideas specific to you caliber and model. Just some stuff to think about.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.