Accurate 257 stw loads?

tnkgnnr

I am having a 257 stw made out of an existing Rem. sendero 25-06 the factory .830 barrel is being reamed for this new round...and the factory barrel length isn't going to give me the full potential of velocity- but it will have to do until I get the new used out of it.:) Does anyone have any experince with this cartridge. I am thinking of using 100 gr. Barnes tsx..
However, I really liked the Berger 115gr.vld in my 25-06....is the j4 jacket too vurnerable at such high velocities to continue use in the 257stw:confused:

No STW experience here, but I'm using 110 Nosler Accubonds in a 257 WBY. currrently at 3400FPS using H1000, getting .75" @ 100 meters, 4 shot groups, using a factory vanguard bbl.
I am still working on the load, but things are looking promising. not sure if I will get sub 1/2 moa with this factory rig.
Good luck,

Got a buddy that has one and the only way that he could get it to shoot is to moly coat the barrel and to shoot moly bullets. Not sure of what load he is shooting.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts