Accuracy Question

Have your smith run a bore scope up it, you probably scraped the crown up, but it isn't a real exspensive fix, and if thats the case have him put an 11 degree target crown on it and clean it as suggested from the breech with a bore guide. 90% of remington 700s in 7mm mag are 1 in 9.25 plenty for 168s, will work with 180s but not as it should and you'd have to crank them way up into over pressure and would be to hard on your cases.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I do plan on taking the gun to the gunsmith once deer season is over. I'll have him look down the barrel with a bore scope and I also want him to adjust my trigger. I don't want to make any major changes right now with only 2 weeks left of our rifle doe season here in Iowa. However, one suggestion did strike a chord with me...it was the suggestion about the sling swivel. I do remember tightening it down a few weeks ago. Maybe I tightened it too far. I will look into that.
I did run about 1/2 of Tubb's Final Finish system through the barrel last week. It did take some of the scratches off the crown and after I adjusted my seating depth and worked up another load my accuracy was about the same or barely noticibly better. However, it does clean a lot better now.
Anyway, for now I am right at or just above 1 MOA. I'll stick with that until after the deer season.
Tonight, I made my longest shot ever on a doe. Using a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 I dialed 17 clicks up for 407 yards and 4 to the right for a 5mph wind. High shoulder shot...dropped her in her tracks. I was very impressed with the 168gr. Berger VLD's...Silver dollar entry hole, no exit and a completely broken shoulder. The bullet performed great.
P1160019.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.