Accuracy out of the E-Tips

Long Time Long Ranger

Has anyone used the Nosler E-Tips and getting good accuracy out of them. They have good weight /BC ratio if they shoot. I like that 150 grain in the 7mm at .498 and 30 cal at .469 for all my guns shooting out to 600-700 yards real fast. Also that 90 grain 6mm bullet looks good but couldn't find a number on it. Well, really I like all of them. Anybody shooting them?

I shot the 180g .308's this last year. I shot a 5" three shot group @ 1020yrds. Shot an antelope @ 640yrds, bull elk @ 190yrds, and a muley buck @ 80yrds. Performance was perfect on all. I loaded some for another fella and shot 1/2" @ 200yrds. My only experience is w/ the 180g .308, but I am sure the others are just as good.

Steve

I was at the nosler shooters pro shop last Tuesday, and the man behind the counter was raving about the 6mm e-tips and how well they shot out of his sako. They had a bullet display of the 6mm and its various impact velocities. They didn't have any for sale to the public So no luck trying them out myself.

On the others I cannot comment as of yet however I should be trying some 180 grain 30 cal e-tips in the near future and will give a full report when I do.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.