Accuracy of the Sauer 202? Call in all avid Sauer 202 users PLEASE?????

Clive

Hi Guys

I'm seriously considering purchasing a Sauer s 202, I'm looking at the Wolverine in .300 win mag. I was wondering if any members have had expierience with the Sauer s 202, and more specifically what sort of accuracy these rifles can achieve? Can I expect 1 MOA or less or even .5 MOA or less at 100m, if I load myself ofcourse?

I live in South Africa and intend using the rifle off the bench but intend taking it into the field for long distance hunting of the larger antilope species. I would like the rifle to be accurate in order to achieve my goal of shooting accurately beyond 400m.

Your assistance in this regard is greatly appreciated.

Clive,

I haven't used the 202 in 300 Win Mag, but have used several of them quite extensively in 6.5x55. All tolled, I've gone through at least two dozen barrels in this caliber in the 202s over the years in routine accuracy testing for a number of Match bullets. The caliber, action type, barrel and even load was specified by one of our customers, and I have to admit I was a bit dubious when I first started using these. However, I habve to say I was tremendously impressed in very short order. All of those barrels shot extrordinarily well, producing 1/4 MOA groups routinely. These were the straight, factory, hammer forged Match barrels from Sauer, not an aftermarket custom maker. Never had one that didn't shoot, the longevity of them was quite acceptable and I wouldn't hesitate to own one myself. It's a good (if somewhat "different") action, the barrels are excellent and they incorprate a pretty decent trigger.

I don't think you need to worry too much here.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts