accuracy of a stock sendero 7mm RUM ???

TimK9

Hi guys im a little new to the long range game im a marine so my experiances have been limited to military ranges using an m4 mk11 and 12's and messing around with a SASR occasionaly, im seriously innterested in the stock accuracy of a new sendero sf ii and the ranges that its capable of. any other ideas on first time buys are greatly appreciated. i dont really want to spend more than 2000 it just seemed like my best bet for the research ive done.

There are a bunch of Sendero threads to check out, here's one...

http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/remington-700-sendero-questions-40746/http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f17/remington-700-sendero-questions-40746/index2.html

They are a good rifle. Next to the rifle and just as important is your scope. Get a good one. There are a lot of good threads. Read them and dont be in a hurry to put your outfit together. Figure out exactley what you want to accomplish with it and decide what you need to gat the joob done.

Good shooting and keep us posted,

-MR

well thanks alot MR the threads were pretty helpfull. and i understand what you meant by taking my time the more research i do the more rifles just pop out of the wood work lol. My goals are for a dual purpose hunting/1000 yd target gun no competition should for fun right now. i appreciate the insight!
Tim

I think the 7 RUM is an intriguing cartridge and definitely capable of 1K plus elk. There are a god assortment of high BC bullets for it and although it will kick some it shouldn't be as bad as a 300 RUM or big 338.

Right now the 7 RUM and the 270 WSM are on my wish list and maybe a 300 WSM. I've got a 300 RUM and the RUM's would be mainly for hunting and probably would shoot much more than 100 rounds a year out of them. The WSM's would make good hunting rifles, but they would make great target and practice rifles, especially the 300 WSM as they suposidly get great barrel life.

As you may have been reading in other threads, it will be a barrel burner and so if you shot a lot you would be replacing barrels fairly quickly. You might consider a second, less overbore cartridge for practicing.

Good shooting,

-MR

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.