Accuracy Issues

Huvik

I know this isn't the typical firearm you guys get questions on but its an accuracy question so i figure theres no better place to ask. Hahaha so be nice.

I have a 1982 Marlin 336 in 30-30. Its my work horse and i use it for everything, but I've always had an issue with it shooting to the right. Up until now i just adjusted the sights to compensate, but now id like to figure out what it is. Now when i say it shoots right i mean 6" to the right consistently.....like 1 1/2 - 2" groups to the right consistently lol

Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys.

HOw do i figure out if the barrel is bent and what would be my repair options if it does turn out to be slightly askew?

Thanks again guys

The only reason I think it's a bent barrel is because it shoots consistantly to the right. I'm sure you would have to replace your barrel if it is bent. If your crown is nicked a recrown is a simple and inexpensive fix.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts