• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED ABS barrel for sale. 338 Edge, + TI Brake.

Michael Eichele

The rifle range, or archery range or behind the co
I am tearing down my 338 Edge and am going to convert it to a 300WSM so I am parting out my barrel. This is an ABS barrel (Rock lined), SS, 10 twist, finished at 28" (slightly longer with the brake), titanium muzzle break (removable), chambered in 338 Edge, tight-no turn neck, threaded for a 700 action, shank cut to length for a Tubb lug. Crown is razor sharp. The contour is slightly larger than a Lilja 1.200 HV. It also is very similar to the M24, Hart Regular HV, Bartlein #8 Light Varmint and will work with any of those inlets plus a few others. The round count is just over 600. None have been hot loads. The barrel has never been hot. There is A LOT of good life left in this barrel. The way she has been babied, she still has a long life ahead. It has shot the best with the 300 grain variety. SMK, SCENAR and VLD. Has also shot very well with the 225 ACCUBONDS, 225 SST, 250 SMK and 250 ACCUBOND. H1000 was hands down the go to powder. Load data is available to the buyer. Also included are 75 (+/-) pieces of Remington brass (375 RUM). All from the same lot, de-burred, pockets uniformed, necks slightly turned, mouths chamfered. She weighs 3#-12oz. 1.200" for the first 5" and tapers down to .925 just before the brake. The threaded portion of the shank is 1.052" I am looking for $450.00 USD shipped to your door. USA only. This is 1/2 the cost of a blank. The benefits to this one is that the muzzle has been crowned, threaded and fitted with a break. The rear 1/2 may or may not need much modifications to be fitted to your action. AND you don't have to wait, you get prepped and formed brass and you save time/$$ on load development. This will make someone a great barrel. She has been good to me.

I'm not looking for any trades at this time.

Attachments

• DSCN0077.JPG
    DSCN0077.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 7
What size are the thds at the muzzle brake? How many gains of H1000 were you shooting? I have a stock M700 action in 338RUM will this barrel direct fit?

What size are the thds at the muzzle brake? How many gains of H1000 were you shooting? I have a stock M700 action in 338RUM will this barrel direct fit?

Brake is 5/8x24.

89.0 was the sweet spot.

Not sure about the direct fit. The action I have has been trued. If anything the shank might be a tad bigger. A good thing since you can always take a bit off the action or the shank. You will need a heavy recoil lug for sure.