abrasive coated bullets?

huntinfool18

Has anyone tried these? did they make any differance? the reason I ask is because i have a 7mm STW and i can't get to shoot under an inch with any load. I was wondering if this might help. if anybody has any other suggestions please fill me in.

YES! They can make a huge difference. If you buy the Neco brand, you can turn your favorite 6mm into a 7mm. Buy the Tubb's kit and you can **** near make a factory barrel as smooth as a custom and they will shoot well and clean up in half the time.

I run 000 steel wool through all my new rifle bores it does a great job polishing ! Just a suggestion... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="purple"> ...If you buy the Neco brand, you can turn your favorite 6mm into a 7mm. Buy the Tubb's kit and you can **** near make a factory barrel as smooth as a custom and they will shoot well and clean up in half the time.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only will you have a 7mm, but it will also be smooth bore like the ABRAMS tank gun. Just get fin stabilizers for your new 7 MM /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have the Tubbs stuff on my reloading bench now. Problem is, my new factory .308 is the perfect gun to test copper cleaning. Only 10 shoots and I can clean for an hour /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Huntinfool,
If you want to try some real good stuff, www.sentrysolutions.com they have the moly burnishing powder kits for your bore, i used it on one of my 338snipe tac rifle bbls, it would only shoot in the 3/4moa range and the bbl would fowl quickly. I talked with Mike Rock at Rock Creek BBLs, he recomends this on all new bbls he sells. they break in fast and dont foul. So i ordered some for a new bbl i was installing, thought, heck why not try it on my other gun too, it has over 60 rounds through it. I followed Mikes instructions and after i re-broke the bbl in, the groups dropped to 1/4 moa. It will now shoot 5-7" groups at 1000yds. This is a hunting rifle. I use the moly burnishing system on all new bbls that leave my shop. You dont want your bore to smooth, it will copper foul very fast.

check it out,

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.