A3 Sporter? Anyone have one?

KPK

I've posted something like this before, but it was a long time ago. Thinking of building a .260 on one with RV barrel contour, 700 SA, etc. I really like the look, but wondering what you guys thought about it. I love the normal A3's!

They look like they would be the best of both worlds for hunting, tacticool, etc. They have the high comb, wide forend, but not bulky. Just about perfect.

I've got one that I can get very soon, just wondering what you guys thought!

They look like they would be the best of both worlds for hunting, tacticool, etc. They have the high comb, wide forend, but not bulky. Just about perfect.

I've got one that I can get very soon, just wondering what you guys thought!
Between it and the Bell and Carlson M-40 it's a real toss up for me. They are both fantastic stocks for someone like me who just feels more at home with a tactical stock yet needs a good hunting stock as well.

If you like a Sendero stock, you'll love either of those even more.

mine is a .260 on an A3-A5 been really happy with it.

rifle in the back...

101_1062.jpg

260_1.jpg

Last edited:
Specs are as follows:

Surgeon RSR SA
Kreiger 1x8.5" twist #7 taper 26" long bbl
260 Rem caliber
A3/A5 stock in desert marble/molded colors, with Badger Detachable magazine system
20 moa base on action
Jewell trigger with safety
Metal was finsihed by Phantom Finishing in FDE and bolt was micro slicked.
NF NXS with HS and zero, 5.5-22x50 NP-R1 reticle

shoots the 139 scenars incredible !

5 shots, test loads/ load development/ barrel break in
47 grains of H4831SC
260_with_47_4831sc.jpg

I can help.......let me show you a real A3 Sporter like you asked :D

I saw a picture of one about a year ago, and ended up talking two of my buddy's into them for their builds. I ended up loving 'em so, I ordered one and it's currently at the gunsmith waiting to get dressed up with all the other parts for a 20BR coyote calling rig.

Only pic I ended up having, but you get the idea....:D

A3Sporter1.jpg

I have one and like it. Its in the edge package and weights in at 30oz. I just sent it back to mcmillan to repaint it and open up the barrel channel. I think this is the best bet for a set up for hunting which can be shot better from multiple positiins and not just prone.

I saw a post about these on sniperhide.com awhile back. I've been interested to see more of them. I think it going to be a perfect hunting stock. Why doesn'et McMillian show it on there website?

I'm sure there's someone sitting in the office that could take a picture and upload it to the web.

They could send me one, I'll take a picture of it and write up a discription.

I've got two that made it to the house last week. Can't tell you what they're like, as I won't get to see them til December.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.