A2 stock cheek piece

Discussion in 'AR15/10 Rifles' started by Cordell, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Cordell

Cordell Well-Known Member

Guys,

I have been looking for a less expensive way to add an adjustable cheek piece to an AR-15 A2 stock.

I thought about a Karsten check piece or the like but after doing some checking it would only add about 1 inch of adjustment due to the buffer tube. I thought about the Magpul butt stock but do not want to spend $200.00 plus on a butt stock if I can find something that works all most as well.

Any ideas would be of great help.

2. NomadPilot

NomadPilot Well-Known Member

Don't need to change it once it's set? Foam mattress and duck tape.

[​IMG]

The PRS is the gold standard, though.

3. Cordell

NomadPilot,

I thought about that type of rest but want something more adjustable, with ease.

I started looking tonight for Kydex sheets and think I will get one and make a home brew Kydex rest if I can find the hardware needed.

Keep the ideas coming
    Thank you

4. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

No one makes one. What is the optic your running and how do you have it mounted.

5. Cordell

I will be building a 20 in rifle using a BCM ( BCM M16 Government 20 Upper Receiver Group ) upper with a MI SS 15 hand guard. I will use YHM mini riser and their 5 in riser rail and Burris Signature Zee rings (Med) for a Bushnell 3200 5-15x40mm Mil-dot scope.

I did not think anyone made one but wanted to make sure. I think my best option is to make one of of Kydex.

6. ICANHITHIMMAN

Why would you add all that hight to your optics set up? Is it a physical problome? You dont need it, try and spr style mount from Larue, American defince machine, or Bobro. All that high is not needed.

7. Cordell

This is the same set up I have on another AR (minus the scope) and I works very well for me.

8. Cordell

ICHM

I think the "5 inch riser rail" confused you it is 5 inches in length not 5 inches high.

Here is a pic of what the set up looks like, so we all are on the same page.

[​IMG]

9. ICANHITHIMMAN

I see not as high as I thought maybe even lower than my mount and I dont use a riser.

[​IMG]

10. ICANHITHIMMAN

11. Cordell

I ordered a sheet of Kydex and will use that to form and make a vertical adjustable cheek piece for the A2 stock. The 20 inch AR project the cheek piece will go on is a few months off. I am working on an SBR project at this time.

Thanks for the input guys.