A-Square...Gone?

ELR Researcher

There is a thread on the ELR forum about projectiles for a 338 Excalibur build. In the thread the question of 333 Excalibur brass availability came up and one poster noted, "Tried both of the A-Square numbers and got a recording on each one."

I subsequently sent an e-mail and a follow-up e-mail to A-Square regarding their 338 Excalibur brass...without response. I also tried both of their phone numbers (7/19/2012, noon, Pacific)...both lines have "bad number" (operator) recordings.

My tentative conclusion - gone.

Does anyone have definitive info as to whether A-Square is out of business? AND whether anyone has taken over their brass manufacturing business.

IF A-Square is confirmed gone, with no one taking over the brass manufacturing business, seems Quality Cartridge is the only remaining source for 338 Excalibur brass. Anyone know of another?

I hope that is not the case, I had the privilege of speaking with Art Alphin in regards to a possible build in 500NE (4-5yrs ago). My initial impression was that Art is a genuinely decent guy who was stuck in a very poor situation. One of his facilities is supposed to be in Glenrock, WY which is about 2hrs south of here.

Makes me wonder too.

The website is up. No bounce on the email. We will just have to wait. I certainly hope all is well.

Doesn't Weatherby (Norma) offer brass for the 338/06 A-square, & offer it as a factory chambering?
I even hered Wby was offering 338/06 A-square ammo.

No idea in Excalibur tho. Hmmmm

I had a heart flutter. I read the subject line and thought maybe it was a typo and in reality. it was 'B Square'. I thought that would be pretty imposible in as much as they were absorbed by BAE a while ago.

Continue on. Palpatations have subsided now.

Based on no feedback to confirm they are still in business, I've removed their listings from my site.

If anyone can first-hand confirm they are still in business, please respond to this post with their new phone number.

Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.