A Rifleman form Alabama

Grey Wolf

Hi all and Waes Hael!

Long time hunter and shooter. Staeted when my Dad would take me with him hunting at 6 yrs old. Now some 40 odd years later. Stint of 12 yrs military(11Bravo B4 series) I hunted a different animal. Work in the IT field now and just trying to make ends meet and enjoy life with the family.

Trying to get my 7 yr old girl intrested in the outdoors and hunting. Uphill battle though-she's all girl.

Best Regards to All.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit gun)

Last edited:
Welcome to Long Range Hunting. Good luck with your daughter. I'm sure you can find some form of shooting that she'll like.

Thanks for the welcome!

I think my daughter will come around, she's just all girl right now. Maybe a pink Barbie type color for her first rifle? Hmmm. That might just do the trick!

You might look around over on rimfirecentral.com. I've seen a lot of 22s over there done up for girls and kids in general. You can make them in about any color you want.

You might look around over on rimfirecentral.com. I've seen a lot of 22s over there done up for girls and kids in general. You can make them in about any color you want.

I looked several this Saturday while at the gun show in Birmingham. Couple of Chipmonks in a nice pink color.

I don't want to push her to hard as she has a stubborn streak (I can't imagine where she got it from, must be from her Mom's side of the family). My hope is as she grows older she will want to do more things with daddy, and since this is one of my first loves she will catch the bug so to speak.

It is my hope in any case.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.