A new concept in Muzzle Brakes

If your anything like me, then your not chicken...it's all about comfort at this age. I'm assuming your not experiencing much if any muzzle jump...Yes?
You have that right. I'm not one to have myself beatup but just enjoy shooting. The handgun silhouette game is a lot easier on the body then it used to be, from what I've learned. Years ago it took a lot more power to knock the targets over when they were set full foot.
The vid on page 6 of this thread is my guns being shot my Jim, it was my camera so I played photographer.

GNERGY I'll have my new photographer get a pic up, my usb ports don't like my card reader anymore :-(

Mike, can you post up a pic of your 338 with the MB on it. Mine will be done soon and I still have not decided on a brake. I like what I see here, but do not want a big clunky look. Thanks, Shawn

Yotefever, I'm not familar with silhouette except for watching a 22lr match once so my question is what does it mean: "targets over when they were set full foot". What's full foot?

Here you guys go, This is the top port on the muscle brake. Sorry about the quality, it was with my cell phone...
musclebrake.jpg

Shawn, it is definately not cluncky! Here is a pic of one on my buddy Ryan's 300wsm, you can see it really doesn't hang out too far...
poopsgun3.jpg

Zuba, first off I think the pic looks great, thanks for sharing, Second I see absolutly no seam where the brake meets the barrel...I mean no seam. So as silly as this might sound...is the seam that invisible or was the brake welded on and then smoothed out...I know it sounds stupid but I cant make out any seam???

Last edited:
Zuba, Thanks for the pic, I was wondering if they put holes or slots, and why not in all 3 places.
Tarey

Chas 1 if you can see a seam or line, the gunsmith didn't do a good job installing it. You just have to face off the brake and end of barrel and then make sure you turn the OD after it is installed. The bead blast makes it harder to see any seam.
Tarey

Jim does a great job with the brakes! There is little to no muzzle rise without the top port, in the video a few pages back of a MOA Maximum pistol with no scope on it, that pistol is all of 4-5 lbs and is running a 168berger around 2700fps. That gun just slides strait backwards now.
And the 338wsm pistol used to have A LOT of muzzle rize with the JP and 250 accubonds but with the new brake it barely jumps.

Chas 1 if you can see a seam or line, the gunsmith didn't do a good job installing it. You just have to face off the brake and end of barrel and then make sure you turn the OD after it is installed. The bead blast makes it harder to see any seam.
Tarey

Here I thought it was just some gunsmith magic lol
Tarey is correct and when people see it they think it is one piece.

I really WANT/NEED a brake for my REM 700 PSS .300 RUM. Is this the one I want. I have looked at the videos and like the idea of the 90 degree shear port. I have never put a brake on any of my guns, but, this RUM really does try my patience (read Kicks my A** when I am working up loads from a bench).

Anybody shooting a can on a rum? If I could find a can that also managed recoil AND didn't wreck accuracy, it might be worth the price AND the $200 for the Fed Tag.

I know that is a topic jump. What about the muscle brake on a rum? Anybody tried the 4 port brake the are offering.

Thanks rc

Jim at Centershot Rifles said that the 3 port muscle brake will be good enough for my 338 ultra mag, that is what he is putting on my barrel right now. :D
Tarey

Jim at Centershot Rifles said that the 3 port muscle brake will be good enough for my 338 ultra mag, that is what he is putting on my barrel right now. :D
Tarey
Tarey, how did you know! the barrel is chambered and turned around in the lathe right now, getting a thread tennon on the muzzle.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.