A Nation of Riflemen

94Winchester

I know that America was once a nation of riflemen, but is that still the case(I ask because I do not know)? If not, what can we do to change that; what should we do to encourage our fellow hunters and firearms owners to become riflemen?

<rant>

Based on some of the mouth-breathing Neanderthals I encounter at the range - I would have to vote no. At my range, there is NO handling of firearms during a cease fire. You would think most of the knuckle dragging morons could obey this simple rule. A few weeks ago, I was standing behind my bench while my friend was setting up a target down range. I looked over to see this idiot cycling live rounds through his *** SKS while pointing the muzzle down range. I pitched a fit and asked him and his "host" to leave. I'd like to say this was an isolated incident, but I can't. When "huntin" season rolls around, I only go to the range during the early morning hours, and leave when the guys with tactical pants show up.

</rant>

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.