A-Max's for hunting

chain

A-Max\'s for hunting

I seen a deal on some 168gr A-Max bullets. How do you think they would perform on whitetail from my .300 win? Thanks

Re: A-Max\'s for hunting

If you load them up to 3200 or the like, just avoid shoulder shots. Too much meat dmg. They will put the smack down on double lung shots.

I'm using the 162gr out of my 7mm rem mag next week for deer also. Try to stay off the shoulders! Mine are so accurate and being the meat hunter that I am looking to fill up the freezer , I'm going to be taking head and neck shots if possible to avoid all the meat damage. Good luck.

Beware of A-Maxs Shot a coyote with one out of my 22-250AI in the chest cavity,all it did was blow a big chunk out of its chest.Ok yes she was dead before she hit the ground.But still the exit was no bigger than your fist. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I just shot a buck today with a 168gr A-max out of my 300 win mag at 3400fps. The shot was 466 yards and it hit him in the ball of the shoulder. There was about a 3inch hole entering the chest cavity, it went through one lung, took out the back of the heart and lodged in the other lung. He took 4 steps and dropped.

Have used the 178's in 300 win mag no complaints! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts