A longer barrel

I have a model 700 rem, 7mm. I bought this gun in New Mexico 6 years ago. The Barrel was cut to 19" long, The stock was beat up bad. I got the rifle worth the money. I have got a new unused factory 7mm ss for this gun. I would like to have the action tuned or trued, barrel face trued, fitted and installed to action and a muzzle brake added. Were and who would you recommend for this job. Price is an issue, I might let the rifle go or put a heavy long range barrel on the action a year or two down the road.

I got a quote the other day to swap Remington barrels, and muzzle brake of $225. I mentioned lapping the recoil lugs and he said that it goes with out saying.

I guess that any time a gunsmith has the barrel off the lug lapping and bolt face squaring are in the deal. I don't know if that's standard or not. It has been my experience that it has been though.

No thread or action/barrel alignment is in the deal.

There are several smiths on this board that just seem to have outstanding dedication to the craft. They are really good. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

Good luck.

FWIW.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts