A landmark day for pro Second Amendment Supporters

SidecarFlip

Zimmerman was found not guilty by a jury of his peers in Orlando Florida despite the constant bombardment by anti firearm activists and even the Obama administration.

Zimmerman was found not guilty of Murder 2 (carries a life sentence in Florida) and the jury didn't even consider a lesser charge of Manslaughter (30 years imprisonment in Florida).

In criminal law, a defendant can only be found guilty if there is no doubt the physical evidence and testimony has proven that. That wasn't the case.

Not sure what will follow and hopefully cool heads will prevail in Orlando but if they don't, I hope that Orlando law enforcement deals quickly and severely with any and all rioters because I'm reasonably sure that the racial agitators will have a field day with the verdict.

Finally, Obama needs to keep his mouth shut. His comment about if he had a son that son would be like Travon was completely uncalled for.

This is a banner day for self defense, legal possession of a firearm for personal protection and the Second Amendment and should send a potent message to the current administration to quit fiddling with the rights of citizens, both pro and anti firearm.

Well, I don't think its over. Now the feds are supposed to look at it and investigate whether a "civil rights" violation occurred. So we all should be reassured with the "justice" department involved. What an absolute joke.

Randy

We, as a country need very badly to get by this 'Civil Rights' crap. It's all about civil rights in this country today and in reality, white anglo-saxons are the monority now.

I'm not white but I don't dwell on civil rights. I have much more constructive things to do like get enough sleep and nourishment.

Fingers crossed that things don't get stupid in Orlando, but then, that will depend entirely on how gullible the people are and how persuasive the agitators (Sharpton and Jackson) are.

I'm just glad Zimmerman was acquited. It upholds my belief in self defense against agressors no matter what color they are and strengthens the stand on possession of firearms by law abiding gunowners.

If the tables were turned and Zimmerman was the agressor, this would have never escalated to the level it's at.

That in itself is sad.

They just released a picture of the jury... :D

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 146
Riley...

I don't believe we will ever know who the jurors were, there is too much gravity associated with the case.

So far, Obama is keeping his cake hole shut, maybe he's learning to engage his brain before opening his mouth.....

I suspect this will come down to how far the race baiters can push gullible citizens and conversely, how sternly law enforcement deals with any rioting.

I said to myself at the outset that Zimmerman only did what any legally permitted firearm owner would do (if carrying and accosted). He defended himself. Nothing more and nothing less.

It's sad that someone died as a result but the bottom line is murders, both justifiable and unjustiufiabvle occur everyday.

If Travon was beating on me and I had my pistol within reach, I'd have done the same thing.

My son is an attorney BTW. He once told me..."dad, if you injure someone, they can take everythinng you have and you'll die penniless. If you kill them, they can only try you and sue you once."

IMO, the DOJ and other governmental agencies should cease and desist. Their meddling is only to placate the race baiters, Nothing more.

I tend to agree that the verdict does support the notion of an individual's right to self defense. Our government has been placed on the hot seat by their base now and as usual, they are already maneuvering the discussion from the battle they can't win to one they can leverage. It's very clear that they can't appease the left with a civil rights position, so they are changing the discussion to gun control and "stand your ground" laws. This was likely to happen regardless of the verdict but will be much more intensified so it looks like they care, and, take the attention off of the numerous other scandles and issues that have been plaguing them. The irrefutable takeaway from this whole incident is that the ill intentioned better think twice before they attack, or impose bodily harm on a person. We are an armed nation, and it may be the last time they do it.IMO.

I tend to agree that the verdict does support the notion of an individual's right to self defense. Our government has been placed on the hot seat by their base now and as usual, they are already maneuvering the discussion from the battle they can't win to one they can leverage. It's very clear that they can't appease the left with a civil rights position, so they are changing the discussion to gun control and "stand your ground" laws. This was likely to happen regardless of the verdict but will be much more intensified so it looks like they care, and, take the attention off of the numerous other scandles and issues that have been plaguing them. The irrefutable takeaway from this whole incident is that the ill intentioned better think twice before they attack, or impose bodily harm on a person. We are an armed nation, and it may be the last time they do it.IMO.

The liberal, progressive witch hunt on firearms, self defense, and just about anything else related to legitimate gun culture (except movies of course) now has another front opened and broadened for their attacks. Their 'discussion' is one sided at best. They, the current administration, along with state and local leaders across the country are hell bent on furthering their social cause (it's no longer an experiment) at any expense. Part of that cause is disarmament of the American citizen because of the threat it presents. I do believe this is a concerted, bilateral effort on their part.

I drew this conclusion recently when the local sheriff made a visit to a sportsman's club I belong to. The guy spent an hour and 20 minutes telling us how he was trying to "fight" the NY SAFE act. Unfortunately he spent most of the time telling us what he was doing for current and retired LE and virtually no time telling us how he was actually helping the once legitimate gun owner. The following day, our dear leader, Guv. Cuomo signed the amendment exempting LE past and present. There were many other things that were not what I expected to hear but that is for a different thread, another day. I mention this because it is an example of how rights are being taken and the outraged masses are being placated - one little chip at a time.

The noise Holder made yesterday regarding stand your ground is meant to signal the minions, the next attack. He will actually do little other than talk and the DOJ will attack justification laws with the race card. But his statements are really meant to "inspire' the dimwitted legislatures across the country to pull back and further limit self defense justification.

Personally I do not think this was a race issue or even a right to self defense issue...the only issue I see is that a grown man killed a 17 year old. If it were a 30 year old black, white, asian whoever killing a 30 year old black, white, asian, etc I do not think this would have been such a large case. I am pro self defense, pro right to carry, and thought President Obama's comments were not appropriate, but once again the biggest issue was the age difference and maturity level of those involved. At the end of the day a child is still dead and a man has to walk around looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. Its a lose lose.

Though I'm well past 60, I don't consider a 17 year old, a child. In most states a 17 year old is onsidered an adult and a 17 year old has control of his or her scruples, we hope.

I don't believe Mr. Zimmerman for a second considered Tarvon's age, all he saw was someone beating on him and acted accordingly.

I've siad before (and will again), whats needed is a complete overhaul of central government, every elected and appointed official needs to be expunged and installed, needs to be officials that represent the people and officials that respect and uphold the law of the land. However, that probably won't happen because a growing segment of the populus wants to be 'coddled and protected' by the central government. That segment wants the government to attend to their every and any need and that crosses all race religious and ethinic boundaries.

When the final bell tolls, everyone will be indentured serfs, indentured to a central government. A government that will attend to their every need, at a price of course and that price is freedom.

Very sad.

Glad I won't be here to see that.

However, your kids will.

One of the problems today is, no one is held accountable for their actions. That goes for government officials, and very much so with the younger population that get very little real parenting. I will assume that this 17 yr old has had many instances in his younger life where he got away with unacceptable actions. If there was any due "respect for elders", like we were taught, he would not have been physically assaulting Zimmerman. I see this all the time, lack of respect and no accountability for wrong doing. Children need to be taught this long before they are out and on their own to make adult decisions. This time the 17 yr old man got himself in trouble and his unacceptable action cost him his life.

Jeff

Yes that is a good point...its dark, he was wearing a hooded sweat shirt, and Zimmerman most definitely had the fight or flight response going. I still see a 17 year old as a child, though. From my experience in the military you need to have direct supervision of the 18-22 year old age group to get your tasks accomplished. So yes a 17 year old doesnt have the maturity level to know when to back down. I have seen Soldiers do it time and time again. I think age is more of the issue with this one. Also, sidecarflip, I will not have children if things continue the way they do. ;)

"I see this all the time, lack of respect and no accountability for wrong doing. Children need to be taught this long before they are out and on their own to make adult decisions."

yes this is an excellent point...if only the world operated like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an e-mail yesterday from my attorney about Pat Buchannan and how CNN has dropped him as a commentator because of his made public stance on Civil Rights

I want everyone to keep something in mind and that is, I'm not a white Anglo Saxon. I don't usually bring race up, I prefer not to. I believe in equality and I believe in transparency. A forum such as this is no place for racial bigotry.

The White Side of the Story of Negroes

This is the reason CNN has dropped Buchanan. It's like Newt G. said, "You re not supposed to bring up uncomfortable Facts."
BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
Finally.............It is Said Publicly. I have never seen the white side explained better!
Pat Buchanan had the guts to say it. It is
about time!!

BUCHANAN TO OBAMA
By Patrick J. Buchanan

Barack says we need to have a conversation about race in America .. Fair enough. But this time, it has to be a two-way conversation.. White America needs to be heard from, not just lectured to.... This time, the Silent Majority needs to have its convictions, grievances and demands heard. And among them are these:

First, America has been the best country on earth for black folks. It was here that 600,000 black people, brought from Africa in slave ships, grew into a community of 40 million, were introduced to Christian salvation, and reached the greatest levels of freedom and prosperity blacks have ever known.. Jeremiah Wright ought to go down on his knees and thank God he is an American.

Second, no people anywhere has done more to lift up blacks than white Americans. Untold trillions have been spent since the '60s on welfare, food stamps, rent supplements, Section 8 housing, Pell grants, student loans, legal services, Medicaid, Earned Income Tax Credits and poverty programs designed to bring the African-American community into the mainstream. Governments, businesses and colleges have engaged in discrimination against white folks -- with affirmative action, contract set-asides and quotas -- to advance black applicants over white applicants. Churches, foundations, civic groups, schools and individuals all over America have donated their time and money to support soup kitchens, adult education, day care, retirement and nursing homes for blacks.
We hear the grievances. Where is the gratitude??

Barack talks about new 'ladders of opportunity' for blacks. Let him go to Altoona? And Johnstown, and ask the white kids in Catholic schools how many were visited lately by Ivy League recruiters handing out scholarships for 'deserving' white kids...? Is white America really responsible for the fact that the crime and incarceration rates for African-Americans are seven times those of white America ? Is it really white America 's fault that illegitimacy in the African-American community has hit 70 percent and the black dropout rate from high schools in some cities has reached 50 percent?

Is that the fault of white America or, first and foremost, a failure of the black community itself?

As for racism, its ugliest manifestation is in interracial crime, and especially interracial crimes of violence. Is Barack Obama aware that while white criminals choose black victims 3 percent of the time, black criminals choose white victims 45 percent of the time?

Is Barack aware that black-on-white rapes are 100 times more common than the reverse, that black-on-white robberies were 139 times as common in the first three years of this decade as the reverse?

We have all heard ad nauseam from the Rev. Al about Tawana Brawley, the Duke rape case and Jena. And all turned out to be hoaxes. But about the epidemic of black assaults on whites that are real, we hear nothing.

Sorry, Barack, some of us have heard it all before, about 40 years and 40 trillion tax dollars ago.

The racism in this case is Zimmerman is so racially mixed he fits in nowhere. The truth is if Obama had a son he could look just like George. Racism exists. If the Administration wishes fight it the first step is in house. Hold Holder accountable for NOT enforcing the law when its the Black Panthers, or the NTSB. Captain Sum Ting Wong, and co-pilot Ho Li Fuk, this is OK because it was a Korean joke, the selective enforcement of the laws and standards by this Administration is where the real racism is. How many Mexican dead does it take to get Holder fired.

Eric Holder will be there until Obama isn't. At that time, he'll be gone. Until then he's a fixture, Obama's buddy.

My opinion of Holder is he's a scant step above a terrorist himself.

What we are seeing is Chicago machine politics in Washington and an extremely biased media. There is no transparency or equality in news reporting today.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.