Guy M

The .25-06 strikes again:

260 yards, mule deer, 115 gr Nosler Ballistic Tip
IMG_6862.jpg

160 yards, pronghorn, same load & rifle
IMG_6843.jpg

420 yards, coyote, same load & rifle
IMG_6823.jpg

It was a real good hunt with some very nice folks. Have grown real fond of this Remington 700 CDL & 6x scope as my general purpose hunting rifle. It keeps on filling tags!

Hope everyone has a good season. Guy

Looks like a very successful hunt in Wyoming, congrats!! Where abouts were you hunting if you don't mind me asking?

Really nice pictures! Congratulations and well done! :)

Have been dreaming about a pronghorn hunt since I started reading Elmer Keith about 10 years ago.

You should do the pronghorn hunt. It's really a lot of fun, trying to figure out how to get close and make a good shot.

Their herd behavior is a pretty good defense against predators & hunters. If they get uncomfortable about something - they just leave, fast!

Stalking them in the wind & rain showers was actually a lot of fun. Look out for the small cactus plants in the grass!

Regards, Guy

Great bunch of animals you've got there! Thanks for sharing the pics.

I keep seeing all of these harvest photos with .25-06's. I might have to look into one.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.