A-Frame / Nosler?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by 25 Otter, Jun 19, 2011.

1. 25 Otter

25 Otter Well-Known Member

Howdy folks. What's the general consensus regarding the Nosler Partition and the Swift A-Frame? Who has the accuracy / reliability edge? If there is one. Lets say 300 yds and in, 7mm and 30 cal. Cost not a variable. Just real world performance on game in cartridges from the Ultra Mags on down to the '06 family of rounds. Thanks in advance all,R.J.

2. rscott5028

rscott5028 Well-Known Member

Both are good bullets although I don't use either one.

Nonetheless, I can't imagine there would be an inherent difference at 300yds or less for the kind of prey you'd be shooting with those cartridges.

So, it would likely come down to your rifle and load development.

JMO
    -- richard

3. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

I like and use both. The only difference that I can see is that the partition in the A Frame is further
    forward then the partition in the Nosler. this causes the swift to retain slightly more weight than
    the Nosler but expand slightly less than the Nosler.

I use the partition on smaller calibers and the swifts on the dangerous game calibers (375 and up).

Both bullets are flat base and have a standard ogive.

I would give the accuracy edge to the Nosler partition Based on my experance with both but on
    big bores the Swift A-Frame is very accurate and predictable.

Nosler does not make a Partition over 375 caliber so a comparison with the swift is not possible
    in the 416s and up.

Hope this helps some.

J E CUSTOM

4. streetglideok

streetglideok Well-Known Member

5. J E Custom

J E Custom Well-Known Member

Thanks.

It must be a fairly new addition because when I built my first 416 they were not available so I started with the Barns and the Swift.

J E CUSTOM

6. streetglideok

streetglideok Well-Known Member

It may be. Theres also a 458 cal, but hard to find. If you notice, with midwayusa its $7 more for the Swift, which is a bonded bullet over the Nosler, which isnt. For the nasty stuff, I think I would be inclined to use Swift. When you get into the 458 cal, its a better price with Swift.