A few LR ??

warrbuk

Hello, been lurking for a while, newly registered. I am posting as I am looking to take my LR shooting/hunting to the next level and I have a few questions that I think some of you will be able to help me with.

So here it is. I am currently shooting a custom 300 Jarret built by Jim's Precision in Petaluma Ca. 180 Bal Tip @ 3300 FPS. I have a Leupold 3.5x10 with a custom Premier Reticle in it. The rifle weighs in at 10.25 lbs. with sling and 4 rounds of ammo.

I am not looking to change the rifle as it shoots under .5 MOA with a 6.5x20 scope and the trigger set a 1lb. I my hunting configuration its usually at about .75 MOA.

I have shot deer as far as 1003 yards, I missed the first shot due to steep downhill angle. My spotter dialed me in for my second shot and I had another nice Wy. Mule deer. I have not been consistant with my first shot during practice shots or on animals where down hill or uphill angles are involved and anything more than a light windlight at over 600 yards.

I will be going to target knobs and was considering the Kenton style. After lots of reading on this forum its seems that the kenton style knobs are to one dimensional. I have decided to use a standard knob and
would like suggestions in regards to PDA set up and cosign correcting device.

I read part of the cosign device thread (very long and arguementitive)and begun to get confused. It sounds like a very good product and I am leaning towards getting one.

I want to be able to make consistant first shot hits at ranges out to 1000 yards and will not hesitate to change my optics, sighting / reticle system, and my rifle's reloads ( I will try the 200 Accubonds this spring).

Thanks in advance,

Mark Warrington

Try the Exbal PDA program and and it will work in any PDA. Can adjust right at scene for angle, temp, humidity etc. Covers all the variables. I use and like it very much. also have the Pejsa program and it works as well, but like the Exbal better.

BH

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts