a few coyote trailcam pix

rancilio

No dogs down here but a few pix from the trailcams. I hunted them casually this warm winter and suspect that they had too much food on their own. No snow cover made for easy pickings of mice and rabbits. I did not call in a single coyote this year. I went out looking a few nights with a thermal imager and saw nothing but small critters crawling in the brush.

Towards the end of the season, a local trapper tossed his skinned prey under a grocery cart in the woods. We thought that if we made it too easy for the coyotes they would just take the critters and run off. Nothing a grocery cart couldn't solve. So much for that theory. Nothing but coons went near the cart for weeks, then a few yotes came by to have a whiff of some fox urine.

I finally lifted the cart up to free the rotting carcasses about a week ago. Not much has happened since then.

Attachments

• Z2 coyote.jpg
    Z2 coyote.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 147
  • Z2 coyote1.jpg
    Z2 coyote1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 136
  • cart coyote4.jpg
    cart coyote4.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 135
  • cart coyote6.jpg
    cart coyote6.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 137
  • cart fox2.jpg
    cart fox2.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 137
  • coyoteJ2 (2) 9Jan12.jpg
    coyoteJ2 (2) 9Jan12.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 137
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.