A cold shoulder fron Canada

I guesse some people dont think a d.u.i as a criminal offense even though it causes many deaths each year.:(

Having been a victim of a hit and run drunk driver, I have zero tolerance for intoxicated drivers. Throw the book at them.

But, 20 years ago is a bit extreme. People can change.

Last edited:
Phil - I kind of thought that's what you were getting at. We now need a passport to fly into the States and I think I'm right in assuming that a lot of Americans don't realize you have to have a passport when returning to the States. I think the passport thing has more to do with less Americans coming here more than anything but I'm sure the dollars being almost even would also affect the numbers. Marijuana has never been legalized but the subject comes up every once in awhile among the politicians. I don't think it will ever be legalized but I'm sure if the politicians could gain votes by legalizing it, it would happen in a minute. It is a huge industry growing it here. I'm told it's a larger industry in British Columbia than logging mind you it wouldn't take much to beat the logging industry.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.