A Browning BAR in 280 rem

I've got a BAR in 243. What type of load do you have for it? I can shoot factory 100 grain core-lokt pretty good but I was wanting to use a lighter grain bullet for coyote. I tried winchester 80 grain power points and the accuracy was really bad at 100 yards. Any tips?

My load for the 243 is
95gr nosler ballistic tips with 46.5gr Norma mrp at 2.710" oal.
I shot 3 hogs with this load at around 100yds and all drt.
Shot a little hog just below the ear so I wouldn't mess any meat up. Pretty good accuracy for a semi auto.

Last edited:
If you are still looking, there is one listed here locally on the Louisiana Sportsman Classified site:

Made in Belgium. I good condition with minor blue issues on the action and top of barrel. Comes with Tasco silver antler 3-9x40 scope - Asking $700.

I have one I bought new in 1992. It has been used in several years now. I don't know weather to sell it or keep it.It has a cover on the stock that has been there since new.

I very much want a BAR in this chambering! I can't find one anywhere. The few online have been sold. I did find one through cabelas but they wanted an arm and a leg. I'd just like a good used one. Anybody?

I have a BAR 280 nice, looking to trade for a BAR 270 or 7mm mag

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.