A broken wing.

Buffalobob

I was out finding a site to use to monitor how much and what kind of trash runs off highways during a storm and had stopped at a stormwater wet pond. I had my camera to take pictures of the outfalls to include into the proposal I am submitting. On my way back to my truck, I saw a small bird fluttering and hopping along the ground with a broken wing. I took a picture and then remembered that there is a place over at the Patuxent Wildlife refuge that cares for hurt birds.

Well the bird keep fluttering and hopping along and I was afraid it would get back into the roadway and get hit again. So I just left it alone.

I spent some time with a photo editor adjusting colors and contrast, etc to try to help the pictures a little.

killdeer2edited.jpg

killdeer1edited.jpg

I doubt there was any thing wrong with the bird. A nesting bird will often act that way to draw predators away from their nest. This behavior is common in killdeers.

GBraach

Do you know the difference between a junior member with 8 posts and a senior member with three dump trucks of posts?

I can act stupid and nobody will be surprised. You still have a chance of fooling us.:D

This is just my little joke for the day.

killdeereggs.jpg

BB
You GOT to work on your timing!!!!
Three days late for April fools!!

CAM

Bob,
After I read your prairie dog posts I just figured you didn't know anything about killdeer either.

James

A little late seeing this post, spit coffee all over my screen when I saw the pics.
That was a good one BB:D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.