960 Yards, 5 Shot group

Clayne B

I was happy with this!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b9PPeBPAyg]Cold Bore Challenge Day#19 - YouTube[/ame]

This was shot as part of my cold bore challenge,

Rem 700 SPS Varmint .308
McRees Precision stock
Timney Tirgger
Vortex 5-15x44 mil mil scope

Reloads
Federal Brass
168 SMK
43.5 gr Varget
CCI 200 Primer
Loaded to max mag length

Good shooting, but another 40 yards and those 168's wouldn't have made it. Everybody knows they don't make it to 1000 yards.:D

:DI hear a challenge!!!gun)

Bump it out to 1010 yds just to prove him wrong hahah

Great shooting I have the same rig with a 6-24 and same exact load but haven't stretched the barrel out that far. 600yds is as far as ive shot with it but amazing results.

Good shooting, but another 40 yards and those 168's wouldn't have made it. Everybody knows they don't make it to 1000 yards.:D

Great shooting! NO **** good shooting. I am shooting simular ranges and I shoot cold bore on different days to ensure varying condition . I shoot a shot wait about a hour for about 3 shots , come back next weekend do it again the ranges have been 1058 ,1061 and 1150 as for now I am 7 out of 8 on a 20 inch gong . it is my way of preparing for that first shot in a hunting situation.

Very good shooting indeed ! Especially when you consider that the 168 SMK does not fly well at that range for many people, maybe your MV is higher than some. Is this a 26" tube? Could be the 168 needs to be pushed a little harder. My Rem sure likes the 168BT I just found out, but I don't know how it will do at long range yet.
Regardless, good shooting and I appreciate the info.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts