95 tmk .243

esorensen

Anyone using this bullet for coyotes yet? Found some long range coyote load possibilities today running RL17. Three different charges and all under 1/3 MOA with the fastest at 3280...The AR10T has had a steady diet of 87 VMAX and 105 AMAX for years, split the difference in weight and take the higher BC, not a bad proposition. If the terminal effect is anything like the 69/77 TMK, I think I'll be buying a few boxes.

Anyone using this bullet for coyotes yet? Found some long range coyote load possibilities today running RL17. Three different charges and all under 1/3 MOA with the fastest at 3280...The AR10T has had a steady diet of 87 VMAX and 105 AMAX for years, split the difference in weight and take the higher BC, not a bad proposition. If the terminal effect is anything like the 69/77 TMK, I think I'll be buying a few boxes.

Have you had good luck with the 69 TMK's on coyotes? I want to run them in my AR, but haven't got a load worked up yet.

I have not used the 69 TMK. I use the 77 TMK, my hunting partner uses the 69. We have had good success with them both, I think my furthest was 565, and the closest was maybe 125. They anchor dogs with authority, shot placement withstanding. Just looking for first hand experience with the 6mm 95 TMK, and .30 175 TMK for that matter. We were trying to find the highest BC polymer tipped bullet we could to make the longer kills. Same goes for the .243. Going to look for dogs at a grand and see what she'll do. Looks like it'll work on paper anyway. I load up the chosen bullet with trail boss and shoot a carcass up close to get an idea of expansion at lower velocities.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.