900 yard elk with 300 SMK .338 EDGE pictures

Yeah, great shot for sure. We'll be back there end of December for the late area 10 cow hunt. Who did the build on your rifle?

That sounds fun. My wife has a cow tag for the same area I killed my spike. We are going in the morning to try and get her one.

George Leichty at Precision Shooting Sports did the machine work and installed the Seekins box mag. He does good work. He is in Spanish Fork, Utah.

That is an awesome area and congrats on the hunt.

How far did you have to pack out the elk to your vehicle? And regarding your rifle did you buy the components and send it to your gunsmith or did you order it from him?

That is an awesome area and congrats on the hunt.

How far did you have to pack out the elk to your vehicle? And regarding your rifle did you buy the components and send it to your gunsmith or did you order it from him?

I quartered the elk and my two boys and I packed it about a mile to the truck. I thought I was going to die. My wife could have filled her cow tag at the same time but I told her to hold off because it was too much work at one time.

I bought all the components and took them to the smith. He is local.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.