9,3x53R Finnish Mosin Nagant

Discussion in 'Gun Photos' started by AtteL, Jan 17, 2012.

1. AtteL

AtteL Active Member

This is something else that longrange rifle, but here is tuned mosin for changing:

[​IMG]
    Stock is Boyd´s pepper laminate, oil finished.
    [​IMG]
    Tasco Propoint, selfmade bolt modification and sight installation. Fully adjustable trigger, somekind of Timney´s copy from Great Britain.
    [​IMG]
    First there was EER scope:
    [​IMG]

2. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

Tell you what that is awsome! I have seen one other custom mosin nagant in finland. It was a 300 win mag built into a long range sniper rifle. Has me thinking of what could be done. A mosin nagant can be had here in the US for about 120$ I know thats a very popular round over in europe what do you hunt with it?

Jon

Hay Kevin Cram will you build me ome of these?

3. AtteL

AtteL Active Member

Thanks!
    Yes, that original caliber 7,62x53R is still very famous for moose hunting here in Finland.
    Most of those rifles are in poor condition..and value of these is from 40€ to 150€.
    8,2x53R and 9,3x53R is not so usual, after WW2 came law that you have to use rifle over 8mm bore for moose hunting. This law fell late -60´s.
    Reason for this law was saving military rifle for later need charting. That´s why 8,2 and 9,3x53R were born.
    This rifle is my wife bequest, we use is mostly for moose-, and other big game hunting.

-Atte-

4. gunner69skmc

gunner69skmc Member

I shoot a 9.3x62 Mauser in a CZ 550FS myself, velocities pretty close to what you shoot. Doesn't damage the meat and drops 'em quick. When I was stationed in Europe, Germany to be exact, I came across a 6.5x53R Mosin Nagant. Kinda wish I had bought it as the 6.5mm is one of my favorites now. Very nice "Scout" Rifle........

5. ICANHITHIMMAN

ICANHITHIMMAN Well-Known Member

So you got me thinking alot about this build. What other rounds will work on this bolt face? I just want to explore all the options.

6. AtteL

AtteL Active Member

7.62×53mmR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Main Page - Russian Mosin Nagant Forum

Exaple 45-70 goverment and similar rimmed brass, all original based wildcats, .22 to .45 caliber.
    Maximun recommed chamber pressure 3900bar.

I have hear rumours of 500S&W and 416 Taylor...

-Atte-

7. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

That is the coolest Mosie I've ever seen. Congrats and skoal.