8.59 Titan Lazzeroni

Well, I think you are headed in the right direction offering a 10x barrel in the warbird and titan. Your CT model should offer a competitive option for those looking for a stout, rugged, heavy duty BIG 338 sledge hammer with a good twist for the high BC heavy weights.

Just wondering why you went with the detachable magazine on the XTLR? That rig looks awesome but may be a bit much with the magazine?

Looks like your headed down the right road for todays market!

The 285's sounds good but dont overlook the variety of 300's. Not as fast but carry a bit further. The Scenar has been a VERY accurate 338 bullet for me but the jacket is to thick to be used on game. The 300 SMK is always a sure bet. The Bergers.....? Not too sure about them yet. Maybe others can chime in on them. I have used them with good LR accuracy but not sure how they work on thin skinned game. Barnes is coming out with another one as well. I think 285 grains?? I would have to double check but that may be a good stout hunting bullet for the 8.59 cannon. The bullet that has me MOST excited is the 300 grain ACCUBOND coming soon from Nosler. Truely a well constructed bullet with a .720ish BC would be a PERFECT fit for your 8.59 Titans in the long range 10x barrel versions.

M

I have two Patriot rifles. I love the Lazzeroni Patriot - hammers game. My go to is as follows:

Defiance Action, 11.5-11 Gain Twist Bartlein 21.75" long, OPS muzzle break, jewell trigger, ADL McMillan Edge stock, Zeiss Diavari, Titanium rings.

I use Berger 185 VLD's at 3,120 fps. Freaking accruate. Freakishly deadly. Killed a Mule deer 180" in Montana - peak to peak shot 300 yards - after the recoil I couldn't find the deer in my scope. My guide was laughing - said "look down" Deer litterally hit the ground dead before I could reacquire him in the scope. Not even twitching - stone dead. Double lung dead. I like the Lazz and have over 20 rifles. Taking it again this November. I do love my .284 Win - similar components. Super round also.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.