7WSM 180 Berger takes down two Grizzlies!

Me and the crew just got back from Alaska on a great bear hunt. We had awesome weather for the icing on the cake. Gap 7wsm 180vld Berger, 300 Ultra mag 190 vld, 300 wsm

471ee9e9-ee51-424d-9bfc-5c8756f325ab_zpscd312287.jpg

bear1_zpsf1ea2406.jpg

471ee9e9-ee51-424d-9bfc-5c8756f325ab_zpscd312287.jpg

Nice buck friend, but you have obviously failed to read enough big game hunting threads on the internet or you would know that the lowly 7 mag is not big enough to kill anything.
Fortunately the elk and deer where I hunt don't take time to read, so they don't know any better than to die when I shoot one with my 7mm or the dreaded .270.
Sorry... I just finished reading another load of gack from the internet wizards who mostly live in places you couldn't find an elk turd but know all about what it takes to kill them.
Must be after my bed time.
Brad, I think we were reading the same thread...I can't believe you didn't know you can't kill game big game at over 1,000 yards with a lowly puny weak 7mm bullet... :rolleyes: :D

That was a **** nice kill @ 1,400+.......It's a shame it was in one of those little wimpy 7mm chamberings....Must have been a fluke thing. :D

Sorry for my sarcasm, but most of you know I am a huge 7mm fan, and advocate. I own a couple .30+ size calibers (inlcuding an old 444 Marlin lever-action for very close range, and an 1874 Sharps reproduction .45-70), but feel that the best bullet for what I use them for (whitetail deer) is the 7mm in its various chamberings. Been using 7mm calibers for 15 years now, and I can't see myself changing. I'd like to have a .338 Lapua, but I don't know what I'd hunt with it......Being that it's obvious you can kill some monster bears with a 7mm with 1 single shot, dead as a doornail. Guess I'll stick to my 7mm's. :)

Just goes to show that a 7mm is to small to kill anything, especially dangerous game!!!

Those are absolutely beautiful bears!
Now I KNOW we have been reading the same thread.

SkyKing, thank you SO MUCH for helping to prove my point on another thread, that the 7mm is able to tackle any game in North America. Also, those are some seriously nice kills man. Those rifles are wicked, too. Is that a CF barrel I see in that last bear pic?

Here is the latest kill from this year.

I shot mine at 1100 yards with my 7saum Thunderbeast 30p-1 Berger 168 vld's hunting. Dropped it in its tracks. I will post video of it later.

My Brother's 785 yards. 243AI Berger 105 Hybrids. Blew a 2 inch hole in it.

Thanks for posting the information Skyking.

Knew the 7mm 180 VLD was a good performer and your pics are excellent evidence. Nice to finally see the 105 hybrid on game. Any more 105 hybrid results?

Ross

Thanks guys!
We have two more antelope tags and three cow elk tags to do some more testing with the Hybrid 105's and the Hybrid 7mm 180.

Here are a few more for you guys.
My Buddy/Boss Shooting the Crescent Customs 7wsm Berger 180 Hunting vlds that I had built for him. 240 Yards

My shooting buddy took the shot. This is his boy. 7wsm 180 Berger 180 hunting vld 960 yards. Roll 1000 yards down the hill after the shoot.

Practicing Thurdsay before the hunts. 900 yards

1000 yards with 4 different guns. 243AI,Two 7wsm's, 7saum

300win mag 190 hunting vld 545 yards.

Just got this picture from my shooting buddy Sam. His dad just shot this Ram. They scored it at 182.5 Takes 175 to make the books, 180 to make all books.

7wsm Berger 180 vld 500 yards

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts