7STW Improved

has anyone or does anyone have a 7STW 40 degree improved? just a thought.gun)

There is not much point when there is the 7 RUM available.

The 7 STW is a powerful cartrige and if more is needed the RUM add 100 to 200 ft/sec to the STWs
velocity.The STW has a 25o shoulder and the RUM has a 30o.

The STW already has a sub caliber neck length (.275) so you would not gain much case capacity
with the improved design (3 or 4 grains)

The 7 RUM however will increase the capacity by an average of 10 grains+.

So if more velocity is what you want , the 7 RUM is the way to go. But is you want something
different, WHY NOT.

J E CUSTOM

i have both, i was just thinkin out loud is all. i'm a big fan of the seven. have all the big 7mm's, when i had my 7stw built in '94 i did all the research i could find . and as it is the 7mm is the most ballisticaly efficient bullet. i have p.o.'s books, i have bob hagel's book, which is sacred to me and all rifleman should read it. i almost went with the 7mm mashburn supermag until layne simpson's write up in "shooting times" on the 7stw. i even had a a sako built on the 358 sta, i eventually sold that rifle and it was a an elk thumper! would like to build a 257 or 264 stw even though they are WAY OVER BORE. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.