7mmstw

new shooter

Just got a new barrel for my 7mm-stw 1-9 twist i am going to us H-1000 with 180 berger. 26'' Barrel . Give me some of your loads with H-1000. What vel are you getting out of a 26'' barrel ? An yes i know to work up slow. Thanks for your info. Joe

The sweet spot for my sendero with h1000 and 180s is right around 78grns about 2940 on velocity 3.660 coal. Retumbo yielded same groups and velocitys with same powder charges. RL25 i have been able to get better velocity, 80grns gets 3050fps and awesome groups, no pressure signs. Remington brass weighted and sorted. Have fun start around 75 0r 76 grns.

Mine shoots good with Retumbo too. I am going to try H-1000 next, and a few others thereafter.

One fellow told me the Retumbo might not be a good powder for the 7mm stw because of it having only a 25 degree shoulder? Anyone know what he meant by that?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.