7mmSTW Picture Thread

Here is my Hunting 7mmSTW it is a Remington 700 Classic, started out in 1983 as a 7mmremMag, then added a SS factory rechambered 7mmremMag to 7mmSTW Remington "plastic" stock, floated and bedded, trigger 2.5 Bushnell 3-9x50mm 650 DOA
100_2089_zps1a9791f9.jpg

Not a custom but boy does she shoot!! here is a 3 shot group, at 500 yds,,,140 CT Ballistic Silvertips, 81grs IMR 7828, 215 federals

Nice looking rifle. I really like your paint job on the stock!

Here is my Hunting 7mmSTW it is a Remington 700 Classic, started out in 1983 as a 7mmremMag, then added a SS factory rechambered 7mmremMag to 7mmSTW Remington "plastic" stock, floated and bedded, trigger 2.5 Bushnell 3-9x50mm 650 DOA
100_2089_zps1a9791f9.jpg

Not a custom but boy does she shoot!! here is a 3 shot group, at 500 yds,,,140 CT Ballistic Silvertips, 81grs IMR 7828, 215 federals

Sackett, that thing is a drill, so whatever you are doing with it, keep on doin' it. I love that deer target shot too! man, those 140 CT's are deadly. I just got two more boxes. The ones I was using, where the originals, and I hope the new generation works as good ! Take care, and awesome shooting !

Sackett, that thing is a drill, so whatever you are doing with it, keep on doin' it. I love that deer target shot too! man, those 140 CT's are deadly. I just got two more boxes. The ones I was using, where the originals, and I hope the new generation works as good ! Take care, and awesome shooting !

I had a box of the original 140 C/T's that I first loaded up for my Pop's 7mm STW and they shot great! I was shooting it last week with some new 140 C/T's and they shot almost as good but I might have been having an off day with my shooting skills.

I had a box of the original 140 C/T's that I first loaded up for my Pop's 7mm STW and they shot great! I was shooting it last week with some new 140 C/T's and they shot almost as good but I might have been having an off day with my shooting skills.

Tim, I have been using those bullets since about 97-98. I am told, but have no way to tell yet, that the " newer" ones aren't as strong, terminal performance wise that is. I think they will fly like the older originals though. Time will tell. I'm going to try some out on a crop damage hunt in July.
Meanwhile, I picked up a box of the original 140 Ballistic tips a few weeks ago. ( black box, red and green label, 100 count) . And they shoot too!!

Tim, I have been using those bullets since about 97-98. I am told, but have no way to tell yet, that the " newer" ones aren't as strong, terminal performance wise that is. I think they will fly like the older originals though. Time will tell. I'm going to try some out on a crop damage hunt in July.
Meanwhile, I picked up a box of the original 140 Ballistic tips a few weeks ago. ( black box, red and green label, 100 count) . And they shoot too!!

I also measured and compared the old 140 CT's that I had to the new 140 CT's I recently got.

The measurements are slightly different. As I recall the newer ones are slightly longer, i.e. .007" longer.

Yeah now if I can get a 12 pointer to stand perfectly still, broad side at 500 yds....just like the deer target!!! LOL but it is good practice!gun)and I'm lucky as I have a 500 yd range out my backdoor, which is hard to do here in the South!

Yeah now if I can get a 12 pointer to stand perfectly still, broad side at 500 yds....just like the deer target!!! LOL but it is good practice!gun)and I'm lucky as I have a 500 yd range out my backdoor, which is hard to do here in the South!

Sackett, I am convinced that the quality of the reamer was a big factor as to how accurate your rifle is. ( and obviously the smith too). I know of a couple of rifles that were rechambered to STW, and they are freaking lasers. One is a Browning, and the other is a Remington. Both have 26 inch barrels. I know yours is 24 inches, but who cares! That thing is a hammer. You did good !!

Sackett, she's a nice looking rifle, paint brings out the custom look. You said plastic? or is it composite? I might be looking for something like that stock, any ideas? Something not too expensive but beddable? Did you use pillars?

Sackett, she's a nice looking rifle, paint brings out the custom look. You said plastic? or is it composite? I might be looking for something like that stock, any ideas? Something not too expensive but beddable? Did you use pillars?

No it is just a Remington (I guess plastic stock) I filled the stock portion with "great stuff" say $100.00 then had it glass bed and floated no pillars...then $5.00 for textured spray paint at wal-mart. LOL that's it!

Sackett, I am convinced that the quality of the reamer was a big factor as to how accurate your rifle is. ( and obviously the smith too). I know of a couple of rifles that were rechambered to STW, and they are freaking lasers. One is a Browning, and the other is a Remington. Both have 26 inch barrels. I know yours is 24 inches, but who cares! That thing is a hammer. You did good !!

Would you believe that I brought the barrel on this forum for $40.00!!! He said it shot 3/4 moa with factory ammo, so I took a $40.00 chance and won big!! I thought that with proper reloading and shooter it would do at least 1/2 moa,,,,and well it exceeded my best wishes!

Would you believe that I brought the barrel on this forum for $40.00!!! He said it shot 3/4 moa with factory ammo, so I took a $40.00 chance and won big!! I thought that with proper reloading and shooter it would do at least 1/2 moa,,,,and well it exceeded my best wishes!

****, what a deal for a very accurate barrel.

That's a great story and it shows what a little cash and a little luck and elbow grease can produce.

Love the rifle, it's a custom in my book.

Be safe and fill the freezer!

Recent Posts