7mmRUM & Retumbo

Speedbump - I have a 7 RUM w/ some 7828 & Sierra 130 Matchkings. I noticed you had used some Sierra 130's - did u ever use them w/ 7828? If so, any loads you could recommend (or not recommend). Thanks.

have you tried any WMR,R25, I shoot rum in
.338,and .308 and WMR will make em scat.The
reloader 25 is very accurate!I will have a7
soon!

9x23w,
I have shot a few 130s with IMR7828. I don't recall the powder charge, but they were running @ 3,671 max. Decent groups too.

Sniper2,
I shot some 130s & RE25 as break-in loads. They went into .522". I was thinking that was the 7828 load, but I checked my data book & it was 90gr of RE25.

Make SURE you back off loads & work up. The 7RUM spikes pressure VERY unexpectedly. It can bite you in your grinner in a hurry.

speed bump haye 300jarret and 300ultra mag , i am using H 870 in both but have bought a lot of ww872 as i cannot find H 870 in hodgdons catalog . There is still some around with dealers. Ask Darrel about ww872 ihear he uses it with great results. ebb

ebb,

Darryl told me about the WC872 a while back. I need something that'll shoot tight in hot weather, since the competitive applications will mostly be in the summer in the midwest & mid-south.

If I get time to try it, it sounds like a very good possibility for cold weather hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.