7mmRm brass form to 300 wm brass??

30-06 boy

i aquired some 7mmRm loading goodies recently.i however dont have a 7mmRm.i do however have a 300wm.is it possible to run the 7mag brass through my 300wm fl die,then blow shoulder out with cream of wheat fireform method?both of these calibers headspace off the belt.headspace should not be a problem while cow fireforming.the only problem i see might be the 7mag case length and shoulder/neck juncture are roughly .100 to.150 thousandths shorter than 300wm.will this or could this make the necks of the "formed" brass short?help guide me here.i'm driving down a road i've never driven on before.jason:confused:light bulb

30-06 boy,

Sent you PM, but didn't get response. I have 1,000 pcs of 7mm Rem Mag brass. Would sell you some if you need it. Send me PM.

gun)trueblue,sorry for not responding.i was just trying to make these 7mm mag cases usable to me.i tried what i said and the necksare way too short.lesson learned.but thanks anyway.jason

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.