7mm08 barrel Question

stonepony

I am in the process of a new build on rem. 700 action. I am in the process of figuring out what barrel and contour I want? I am going with a 22" tube. I am wanting to keep the gun some what on the light side. I am considering a #5,4 or remington magnum contour. What contour barrel would you think is heavy enough to get the most accuracy out of this caliber? Also what brand barrel would yall lean towards in 7mm? Thanks in advance!

#3 for a 7mm-08 is a nice fit. Not lite, but not a heavy barrel either.

I am in the process of a new build on rem. 700 action. I am in the process of figuring out what barrel and contour I want? I am going with a 22" tube. I am wanting to keep the gun some what on the light side. I am considering a #5,4 or remington magnum contour. What contour barrel would you think is heavy enough to get the most accuracy out of this caliber? Also what brand barrel would yall lean towards in 7mm? Thanks in advance!

I would recomend a #5 lilja contour in a 1 in 9 twist.

It will be light and stiff and Lilja makes one of the best barrels available in stainless steel.

I have used this barrel in lots of rifles with short and long Remingtion actions and they all
have shot well under 1/2 MOA.

Normaly for the 7/08 I use 20'' to 24'' barrel length depending on what they wanted and
for best balance I like the 20'' on a short action and a 22'' on a long action.

There are other good barrels but the quality and service from Lilja is second to none and he
delivers when he says he will.

Just My opinion for what it's worth.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.