7mm WSM

RH300UM

I did a search on this site for info on the 7mm WSM and didn't find anything. Has anyone got any info and experince with this cartridge?
Rifle specs?
Load info?
Game taken? How far?
I need all the info I can get as I am looking at starting a build aroung this caliber. Give the good and the bad.

The 7WSM is almost exactly a 7mm Remington magnum in a short action. My personal bests are a whitetailed buck at 805 and a bull elk at 750. At 805, the 168 Berger blew a 2" hole out the backside of the buck and at 750 the 150 Scirocco was mushroomed against the hide on the far side of the bull.

My factory Winchester Coyote produced sub MOA past 850 yds with 150 Sciroccos at 3150 fps. With a 25" Hart on it now, I'm getting 3100 fps with 168 Bergers. The first barrel (a factory bbl) probably was good for 700 to 800 rounds but my have worked longer if I had been better to it.

I love my 7WSM. The recoil is very mild and the down range results are impressive. This fall it accounted for 2 whitetails, 2 bull elk, and 3 antelope. I'm confident that with a much lighter rifle, I can do anything that someone with a heavier 300 Win or 7mm Rem can do.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.