7mm VLD

If anyone needs any Berger, Nosler, or Hornady load data, feel free to ask. I have all 3 manuals sitting on my bench at home. I will be glad to help in any way I can.

I wouldn't mind taking a peek at the Berger info if you don't mind. I'm in the process of working up a load for my 7mm Rem Mag. So far I'm using Rem Brass, WLRM Primers, H-1000 Powder (haven't found my max load yet), COAL 3.425" (just touching the lands), and Berger 168 gr VLD Hunting Bullets. So if you have any info on the 168's and H-1000 I would really like to take a peek at that info. Thanks. Also a quick question, I know this thread is old, but when reading it, I was surprised by the amount of H-1000 some of these guys were using. All of the literature I've seen shows 69.5 grains as the max load for the 168's. 69.5 grains is a fill ratio of 101%. How are these guys fitting over 70 grains of H-1000 in a case?

The fill ratios listed are for bullets seated at saami specs. If you get the new berger manual it talks of these things about seating bullets out allows for more velocity with the same pressures with your bullets seated out from there.

The fill ratios listed are for bullets seated at saami specs. If you get the new berger manual it talks of these things about seating bullets out allows for more velocity with the same pressures with your bullets seated out from there.

Oh I see. Thanks. Yeah right now my goal for this weekend is to load all of my bullets to the lands, and start from the min powder load and work my way up to my max load. Once I find that I'll play around with the powder to find an accurate load, and then start playing with my seating depths. I've got a lot of shooting to do. Lol. My shoulder isn't going to like me after tomorrow(it's my b-day tomorrow, so I'm taking the day off to go shoot and start my weekend early :D).

When I get home I'll get you some info when I've got my manual in front of me. The manuals aren't expensive, and if you plan on shooting alot of Berger bullets for multiple calibers, it's worth it just to order the manual. Midway has them in stock, and so does Berger out in Cali. I ordered mine straight from Berger, but Midway's shipping would most likely be faster, unless you are alot closer to Cali than I am. They're only about $28.99 or $29.99 for the manual.

However, I'll look that up when I get home. I have a load I'm working on for my 7Mag using the 168 VLD's, as well. I'm trying to get it perfected, as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.