7mm stw

Oh yeah, it's definitely addicting. I've had my Sendero for 11 years now (since new), and it's shot like a champ since day 1. I have the EGW base and TPS ring combo on my 700 5R .308 for a year now, and it's been excellent! For the money, that combo can't be beat, IMO.

I would love to have another Sendero SF in 7mmSTW identical to mine, but finding one is hard, and findin one for a good price that hasn't been shot-out is near impossible.

I'd like to find a Sendero SF in .308 or one in .280 Rem (to ream chamber to .280 A.I.), if you know where I might could find any of the above mentioned, the info would be appreciated.

I know what you mean about having two Sendero SF in 7mmSTWs. I was lucky to obtain two Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs last year. I call them my twin 7mm STW Senderos.

The first one (manufactured in 1997) was found from an estate sale and came from Boseman Montana. It had been shot less than 5 times.

The second one (manufactured in 1998) was listed on this website (I had also seen it on GunsAmerica a day earlier) and it was shot less than 100 times (it set in a gun safe for the last 13 years).

I got both Senderos at a great price!

I had since taken them to my gunsmith and had them skim bedded and put jewell triggers on both of them. They both shoot constantly less .5 MOA. I absolutely love them! :D

Here's a few pictures of the twin 7mm STW Senderos.

Also, a few pictures of some groupings of loads that I developed:
- four shot grouping 140 Accubond
- four shot grouping 162 AMAX
- three shot grouping 150 Scirocco
all were at 100 yards.

Attachments

• Twin Senderos 7mm STW_1.jpg
    Twin Senderos 7mm STW_1.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 46
  • Twin Senderos 7mm STW_2.jpg
    Twin Senderos 7mm STW_2.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 43
  • Twin Senderos 7mm STW_3.jpg
    Twin Senderos 7mm STW_3.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 49
  • Sendero 7mm STW (Montana)_140 AC_82 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group-1.jpg
    Sendero 7mm STW (Montana)_140 AC_82 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group-1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 7mm STW 150 Sciroccos H1000.jpg
    7mm STW 150 Sciroccos H1000.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 45
  • Sendero 7mm STW (Calif)_162 AMAX_76 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group.jpg
    Sendero 7mm STW (Calif)_162 AMAX_76 H1000_COL 3-675_ 4 shot group.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 45
Man, I'd love to 2 of them. Bought mine back in 03 (last year of them), and mine was one of the last ones produced (I was told it was the last one mfg by the Remington employee) when we ordered it from Remington. I am talking to my source for custom rifles (his GF's brother is a prof gunsmith), and he said he could build me a 700 LA .280 A.I. No problem. Now just to get up the money to have it built. I'm jealous of your twins you got there. If you ever get rid of either of them let me know first! LOL

Im pretty sure they don't make a Sendero in 280! I would own one for sure if they did! I am actually building a 280 now, as we speak! That would be a sweet deal though, a Sendero in 280! Talk about perfect. Your rifle looks to be in near perfect condition. The pix do it justice.
I bought a second hand sendero STW barrel last spring. I was told, that the gun was inherited, in nearly unfired condition. He even had the original two boxes of ammo, with a few missing. He had no interest in this caliber, and built a 338 LM. I purchased the barrel he shipped it, and I high tailed to my gunsmith, and had him put the bore scope to it. He said the barrel was in fact as was stated. I purchased a donor rifle, and had him put it together. I set it into a Bobby Hart laminated LRT stock from Stockys. This thing is tack driver, and already has a notch in it.
I love this caliber, it is very accurate, very SHOOTABLE, and barrel life is reasonable if the shooter is reasonable.
Yeah, I'm sure they didn't make one, but it would be awesome to have one, then have the chamber reamed to .280 A.I. That would be one hell of a bean field rifle.

And yes, this caliber is very shootable and manageable. I don't see why it is so underestimated these days. I guess just like everything there's a new fad every year, and right now the .338's seem to be the "in-thing" right now till something bigger, faster, and "better" comes out.

Code:
I know what you mean about having two Sendero SF in 7mmSTWs. I was lucky to obtain two Remington 700 Sendero SF 7mm STWs last year. I call them my twin 7mm STW Senderos.

The first one (manufactured in 1997) was found from an estate sale and came from Boseman Montana. It had been shot less than 5 times.

The second one (manufactured in 1998) was listed on this website (I had also seen it on GunsAmerica a day earlier) and it was shot less than 100 times (it set in a gun safe for the last 13 years).

I got both Senderos at a great price!

I had since taken them to my gunsmith and had them skim bedded and put jewell triggers on both of them. They both shoot constantly less .5 MOA. I absolutely love them! :D

Here's a few pictures of the twin 7mm STW Senderos.

Also, a few pictures of some groupings of loads that I developed:
- four shot grouping 140 Accubond
- four shot grouping 162 AMAX
- three shot grouping 150 Scirocco
all were at 100 yards.

Show off.......:)

Sorry Bob.

But I've only got two 7mm STWs. I'm still try to catch up with you.

All of your 7mm STWs are gems and shoot incredibly great too!

I think you have currently four 7mm STWs. Is that correct?

No, I have three now, I traded the Sako, but I'm considering building another one. I know where ther is a Kriieger #5 contour calling out my name. ( fluted).
I am building a 280 right now, and it is coming along very nice. I'm using a Brux # 4 contour,@ 26 inches, mounted to a Winchester M70 push feed. Action is being blue printed.
It's clear to see that the work you did to " the twins" was well worth the $$$$$$. And thanks for getting me interested in those Viper scopes. I'm needing to do some scope swapping to accommodate the new 280, and getting one of those PST models would fit the bill. I had my hands on a NF last weekend, but it's a little rich for me right now. Very nice, but maybe someday!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.