7mm STW Retumbo & H1000 & 160 Accubonds

HooterShooter

I was wondering if any of you fellas use these powders with the 160 accubonds. I'm trying to develop a load with these two powders and was wondering about results you guys may have had.

Any load data greatly appreciated!

The 160 Accubond and the 162 A-Max both shot well with 80gr of Retumbo in my rifle. A slightly lighter charge of H1000 also shot very good but the Retumbo produced slightly smaller groups.

Terminal performance on chest shots with the 162gr A-Max were dramatic. BANG == FLOP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks Varmint. I just loaded AB's some up. I'll let you know. I shot some 162 amax yesterday with 79.5 grains of retumbo and they shot about 1" at 100. They shot great with 75 grains of h1000. I can't wait to try the AB's tomorrow.

Thanks Again!

I got some 1/2" groups with 160 AB's today, but the Amax shoot terible in my gun. Buckmasters rifle liked the AB's better as well.

I want to chrono my AB loads to seem what velocity I'm getting. I'm going to back off to 79 and see if my groups get better.

What kind of velocity are you getting? I have been using the 160 AB and IMR 7828 and getting very good results. Most groups at 100 yds are right at the 1/2" mark or smaller. Velocity is 3220 out of a 26" Sendero.

Haven't chrono'd the loads yet. A lot of guys have been telling me about 7828. I may try some when I run out of Retumbo. So far retumbo has been tremendous with the accubonds. The 162 AMAX shot best with 75 grains of h1000. the hotter load killed the accuracy. I sticking with the AB's

I really like the results from the 160 AB's with 80 grains of retumbo. My problem is that the gun is better than me. I usually get 2 of the three shots touching, but I always screw up one of the three.

Does anyone shoot 175 sierras out of their Sendero? I just ordered some and now I am wondering if they will stabilize. What is the twist supposed to be in the 7STW Sendero?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts