7mm STW Retumbo & H1000 & 160 Accubonds

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by HooterShooter, Apr 22, 2006.

1. HooterShooter

HooterShooter Well-Known Member

I was wondering if any of you fellas use these powders with the 160 accubonds. I'm trying to develop a load with these two powders and was wondering about results you guys may have had.

Any load data greatly appreciated!

2. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

The 160 Accubond and the 162 A-Max both shot well with 80gr of Retumbo in my rifle. A slightly lighter charge of H1000 also shot very good but the Retumbo produced slightly smaller groups.

Terminal performance on chest shots with the 162gr A-Max were dramatic. BANG == FLOP /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. HooterShooter

How did the Accubond and Amax group?

4. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

Both bullets would shoot under 1" @ 200yds. Occasionally, I would get groups under .5" @ 200yds.

5. Buckmaster

Buckmaster Active Member

Thanks Varmint. I just loaded AB's some up. I'll let you know. I shot some 162 amax yesterday with 79.5 grains of retumbo and they shot about 1" at 100. They shot great with 75 grains of h1000. I can't wait to try the AB's tomorrow.

Thanks Again!

6. HooterShooter

Buckmaster and me are shooting & hunting buddies. Look like we are going to the range tomorrow!

7. HooterShooter

I got some 1/2" groups with 160 AB's today, but the Amax shoot terible in my gun. Buckmasters rifle liked the AB's better as well.

I want to chrono my AB loads to seem what velocity I'm getting. I'm going to back off to 79 and see if my groups get better.

8. TMR

TMR Well-Known Member

What kind of velocity are you getting? I have been using the 160 AB and IMR 7828 and getting very good results. Most groups at 100 yds are right at the 1/2" mark or smaller. Velocity is 3220 out of a 26" Sendero.

9. HooterShooter

Haven't chrono'd the loads yet. A lot of guys have been telling me about 7828. I may try some when I run out of Retumbo. So far retumbo has been tremendous with the accubonds. The 162 AMAX shot best with 75 grains of h1000. the hotter load killed the accuracy. I sticking with the AB's

I really like the results from the 160 AB's with 80 grains of retumbo. My problem is that the gun is better than me. I usually get 2 of the three shots touching, but I always screw up one of the three.

10. coupalr

coupalr Well-Known Member

Does anyone shoot 175 sierras out of their Sendero? I just ordered some and now I am wondering if they will stabilize. What is the twist supposed to be in the 7STW Sendero?