7mm STW Game Pix

Discussion in '7mm STW' started by 7stw, Apr 16, 2013.

1. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

How about a few pix of Game we have taken, and details of the hunt. Maybe a little info on the yardage, ( long or short ), and load info on your load. And if you want to, add some details on the experience. Let's see what shows up!

2. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

Blacksheep, I remember when you originally posted those pix, and they are all Damn impressive. And I'm certainly like you on the ," love the stw, and love the Barnes LRX" . At this point, I'm shooting the 145' and would not hesitate to drop one on a Elk if I ever had the opportunity. That bull elk was a Brute!!! Awesome ain't the word!

3. Sackett

Sackett Well-Known Member

Here is a small 9 pt that I killed this past year. It was late in the year and I'd not killed a deer with my 7STW. Seemed everytime I'd leave my STW at home and carry another rifle I'd score. So, as it was late in year and this was a minimum legal buck,I to took him. One shot and on ground, dead, faster than I can say it! 140gr CT Ballistic Silvertip, 81gr IMR 7828, 215 Federals.
    [​IMG]

4. Anvil11-87

Anvil11-87 Well-Known Member

Picked up my Remington Sendero 7mm STW a couple years ago. I'm shooting a 140 grain Barnes TTSX, loaded with 84 grains of H1000.

Took this buck in Western Oklahoma at 558 yards.
    [​IMG]

Got this one on the same ranch last season at 304 yards.
    [​IMG]

And took this does last season on my family's farm at 644 yards. Yea, it's a little thing but my longest shot on game so far.
    [​IMG]

5. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

Anvil, both of those are trophies, and the rifle and caliber you are shooting are also trophies. The load you are shooting is nearly a classic load, in my book anyway. And your chosen bullet is a winner in my book also. Both of those shots are nothing to sneeze at, and congrats on both. Welcome Aboard!!!!!