7mm stw elk bullets

screech

hello, My dad has a stw in a sendero. I was wondering what you guy's think he should be shooting for long range elk. up to 800-900 yards. His gun shoot's the 162gr. amax like melting butter. But I doubt this bullet will hold up to an elk shoulder. Not that I think that if you hit him he would run real fast but I wan't something that penetrates a bit better. It could also be used for white tails at the same time so do you have bullet suggestions. Berger vld, accubond, what. Thanks for any info

I 2nd the 160g accubond. It will probly shoot better then the barnes, and the BC is higher anyways. Should be able to shoot almost as good as the amax out of a sendero as well. Would definately work out to your maximum range stated.

Also, might not be as tough as bullet, but with a high BC and at longer ranges where velocity has shed, the 162g SST might be a good one to look into. That would be my 2nd choice after the AB though.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd suggest either a 160gr Nosler Accubond or the 160gr Barnes TSX bullet. You should be able to get 3,200 FPS or slightly higher from your 7STW.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO!

Thanks guy's. Has anyone tried the 168gr. berger vld. Just wondering what they can do. I'll have to see what the 160 accubond and the sst will do.Thanks for all the info and keep it coming

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.