7mm Sierra's

HighLander

7mm Sierra\'s

I was wondering what you guys know, think, and advise about using Sierra Matchkings or Gamekings in a 7mm Rem.Ultra mag., 130 to 140 grain bullets? I have a couple of questions. First, which bullet is most accurate? Second, how do these bullets perform on small to medium sized whitetails for both short range, say 250 yards and under, but mostly longer range, from 250-500 yards? Thanks much!

Re: 7mm Sierra\'s

kenny, I believe the 150 and 168MK will be your most accurate bullet in your 7mmRUM, alot of guys on this forum use the 168MK with excellent results on deer and larger game, you might want to go back in the archives and there should be a thread about the 7mm MKs for the 7 mags. I'm going to use the 150MK in my 708 on my next hunt, very accurate bullet. Jay

Re: 7mm Sierra\'s

Kenny,
I had helped a friend of mine with the same caliber work up a load.
With: Hornady 154gr SST's, Remington brass, CCI250 primers, 86 grs Rl22. Bullets seated to match the barrel. Gun is a Rem 700 Laminated Stainless 26" barrel. Gun now shoots .4in group at 100 yds. Best group with factory ammo was 2.25 inches.Working on another load for the Hornady 162 gr SST.
Hope this helps.
Karl

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.