7mm RUM LOADS?

[ QUOTE ]
I would be tempted to try IMR 7828 with 140's and lighter. I have some of the short cut version so I may just try that to see what kind of velocity is available.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thought about it but very concerned with sensetivity to weather and temp changes. I have burns tons of it in my 378 Weathrbies (when i had them) 7mm rem mag 243 30-06 300 win 300 wby etc, etc. All loads were unstable in performance when it got hot/cold. I do not know whether now that hodgdon owns them if this has been addressed. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

That temp issue probably rules out RL25 then. I have shot that load I stated at 90 plus degrees but have not shot it when real cold. It does drop some velocity though. Ramshot magnum powder might be interesting; it's supposed to be temp stable. As you know, most of the hodgdon powders are supposedly temp stable. Maybe wait for US869 to arrive on the shelves. I think that with the right powder your velocity goals are not overly optimistic. 3500 w/140's should be attainable with a pretty safe load. Hell they do it with the STW but at fairly high pressure.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.