7mm rm 180 berger vld sucess!

linksmechanic

I just had to post the latest grouping I had w/ the 180 grain vld. This is from a box stock sendero sfII 7 rm w/ a mark 4 6.5-20x50 illum. scope w/ ferrel rings and bases. Load is as follows: 68.3 grains of retumbo fed gm 215 primers, rem brass and bullet seated at the lands. pic address is here:http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o125/linksmechanic/IMG_3087.jpg it's a 4 shot group at a 100 yards. the rate of twist in this rifle is 9 1/4"

Here you go.

IMG_3087.jpg

That group looks very promising. Just a question about the Retumbo. Is it only good for the heaver bullets? I have been thinking about using is with the 168 Bergers and 160 Accubonds.
Nice shooting!

velocity is around 2868. I'm still looking to get it up there a little more. no high pressure signs. Keep in mind this was off a bipod off the tool box on my truck. Retumbo would work well w/ the 168 vld also as I've tried it w/ them too. I'm looking to get velocity up around 2950-3000 but if accuracy falls I will stop.

When you open up the form for typing a post down below the typing box are the INSTANT UBB CODES in orange letters. You want the one that says IMAGE. When you want to post a picture go to the picture site and copy the image location just like you did. Then click on the orange lettered word IMAGE and paste in the copied location. You may need to delete the blue "http" stuff first so there is not a duplication, and if you can see in the paste in box something that looks like at both ends then you need to delete that also or else it will be a duplicate and not show the picture.

What I did when I was trying to learn how to post a picture was go down to the BASICS part of the forum and practice there and when you get it right you can then delete your whole practice session and not have bothered anybody.

Most people are reluctant to post in the BASICS because they think it will make them look bad, but it is a good place to do goofy stuff and ask really stupid questions - like what meat grinder to buy. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Also down in the GENERAL DISCUSSION section is a sticky about 7 down on how to post a picture.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.