7mm Rem Mag bullets pushing deep into the case with recoil

KDL

I have a problem with reloads being pushed into the case during recoil. This only happens with brass that has been previously fired. If I use new brass, no problem. I am resizing every case every time. I'm shooting 160gr Nosler Accubonds in Winchester brass with 63grs of RL22.
I'm using RCBS dies.
Any suggestions?

If you're leaving lube inside the case necks, that's a no-no...

Other than that, remove the expander ball mandrel and chuck it in a drill and spin it, using 400 grit sandpaper to polish about .002" off it's diameter. Finish up with 600 grit, then Flitz and it'll be shiny and smooth...

Dan

KDL, after sizing, measure your outside neck dia. After seating a bullet, measure it again. The Dia. should have increased by .001-.002" This is the amount of grip the brass has on the bullet. If it's under .oo1, you can do what Dan said about polishing the expander ball. Your brass may have thin neck walls measure them also should be around .015". If they are thin the size die will not work with that brass because the outside dia. would have to be smaller to get the inside dia. small enough to grip the bullet.

I had the same problem with my 7STW. When I switched to Redding Bushing Style dies the problem was over. Just experiment with a few different size bushing and everything will be find. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.