7mm rem mag 168 smk retumbo load data

dieseldr99

As the title states I need some help with 7mm mag 168 smk retumbo load data. I am loading for an older 116 savage weather warrior for whatever reason it is factory equipped with a 22 inch barrel including muzzle brake.

I will be using federal brass 215 m primers 168 gr sierra match kings and retumbo

Thanks

Last edited:
I shoot the 168 Berger and use up to 72.0 gr, but it prefers 71.0. I'm not experienced enough to know how much of a diff the SMK would make, but at 168 grains I would start around 68.0 gr and work up. I prefer Fed 215, but it shoots well also with Rem 9.5's. Bergers are sensitive to seating, mine works best when kissed. Shoots poor when seated back and pressure spikes adding as much as 100fps if pushed into the lands. My load gives me 2975 with a 24.5" Sako. Good luck.

I think ive read that H1000 was giving better velocities than than the retumbo, may want to look at that. I load 73 grs (H1000) for 168 bergers in win brass and fed 215m primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.