7mm PRC vs 7LRM

sbruni

PRC on the right… I'd heard PRC was slightly shorter (yeh right)…

Attachments

• 564085E5-0C25-413A-9553-D7C279BEEB29.jpeg
    564085E5-0C25-413A-9553-D7C279BEEB29.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 978
Yeh I get that… I like that happy medium story/spot… that's where I put the LRM… I've seen a handful of suggestions that the PRC would be the LRM's ballistic twin… or slightly shorter at the shoulder with a shorter neck… my guess is real world performance on the PRC will be closer to 7RM than to LRM… of course you've got all the benefits of the PRC if we're talking non-custom and factory loads…

Yeh I get that… I like that happy medium story/spot… that's where I put the LRM… I've seen a handful of suggestions that the PRC would be the LRM's ballistic twin… or slightly shorter at the shoulder with a shorter neck… my guess is real world performance on the PRC will be closer to 7RM than to LRM… of course you've got all the benefits of the PRC if we're talking non-custom and factory loads…
Yeah...all the adds and such I've seen for it compare it directly to the 7Rem mag. That's basically what it is , just built the right way (for what we use them for now)from the start.

Nice… attached is my lineup and I was trying to figure out where I would put the seven PRC? And talking to Rich about a seven mega versus the seven max.

Attachments

• FE9375D6-B418-49C3-9048-7EF6EC5E2304.jpeg
    FE9375D6-B418-49C3-9048-7EF6EC5E2304.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 318
Was studying SAAMI freebore against Berger bullets and this is what I come up with.

Attachments

• 7mmPRC-Berger Cartridge Data.pdf
    417.8 KB · Views: 274
PRC on the right… I'd heard PRC was slightly shorter (yeh right)…
I think that the 7PRC is what every 7mm enthusiast has desired since the 7mmRemMag came out with a belted casing. Now, reloaders can set the headspace entirely off the shoulder of the casing and not worry about a belt to set headspace.
I can't wait to get back a rifle that I gave to my gunsmith to rebarrel to the 7PRC. Now, I am trying to locate some brass.

I too was hoping that the 7LRM was going to be at least the basis of the 7PRC. In my opinion they missed the mark by a good bit with the 7 PRC and until good brass is available I have no interest at all. That said, when you can get good brass it's going to be a great option in a standard long action.

Agreed. My saum with a 21 inch barrel is pushing a 180 hybrid at 2840. Not enough gain with the 7 prc imo, now a hair over a 7rm is a real sweet spot.

Having said that, it will sell like hot cakes especially to thier target audience...those who like accuracy and long range capability without land loading.