7MM Nosler ABLR

you should post more I have agreed used your advice quite often I agree also that sometimes im reluctant to post because I know someone will trash my opinion then when I make a justification for my opinion they turn it to my intelligence or my ability to shoot so I take advice from guys like you and others and try it if it works then I use it if it don't than so what it didn't work for me that doesn't mean it won't work for someone else

It happens way too often and its a real shame because its only running off guys who have more to teach than they do to learn, like jeff.

More results with the 150 GR LRAB I was out today with my Cooper 280 AI ,and I was amazed at the group size 1/2 inch at 125 yards , and for this trial rounds I tried seating them at book recommendation , and that was the ticket. Guys I also tried a round of testing with seating these bullets just off the lands and well the groups were so scattered I stopped shooting as I was wasting ammo , I am going to try another session tomorrow if the weather holds up ,and if the results are the same as today then I will chronograph just to see what I am actually getting then I will test out to some long ranges ,and throw up my results.

More results with the 150 GR LRAB I was out today with my Cooper 280 AI ,and I was amazed at the group size 1/2 inch at 125 yards , and for this trial rounds I tried seating them at book recommendation , and that was the ticket. Guys I also tried a round of testing with seating these bullets just off the lands and well the groups were so scattered I stopped shooting as I was wasting ammo , I am going to try another session tomorrow if the weather holds up ,and if the results are the same as today then I will chronograph just to see what I am actually getting then I will test out to some long ranges ,and throw up my results.

Do you mind sharing your load details? Case, primer, powder , OAL ....

I'm using Nosler brass Fed 210m primers ,and 61 gr of 4831sc OAL is 3.330. This seems to be working for me just need to test out at some extended ranges now.

I'm using Nosler brass Fed 210m primers ,and 61 gr of 4831sc OAL is 3.330. This seems to be working for me just need to test out at some extended ranges now.

Interesting, that ogive of 3.330 has also proven most accurate seating depth. Been using it for 1 1/2 year now

Interesting, that ogive of 3.330 has also proven most accurate seating depth. Been using it for 1 1/2 year now

Tried this load today. Best I got was an inch give or take at 100 yards. I just can't get the ablr to shoot. The gun shot a .272 group with 140 ballistic tips so I know the gun is capable. Just can't get the ablr to group like that.

Out of curiosity what gun are you shooting , you should try them again at 2 or 300 yards to see why happens , and then again some guns just don't like certain bullets , I am also going to try some Berger 168VLD and see what they shoot like , I will run out another session of LRAB just to make sure I get the same results as the last time.

Out of curiosity what gun are you shooting , you should try them again at 2 or 300 yards to see why happens , and then again some guns just don't like certain bullets , I am also going to try some Berger 168VLD and see what they shoot like , I will run out another session of LRAB just to make sure I get the same results as the last time.

Dakota 97 with 24 inch Sporter weight barrel. If I can't get the ablr to shoot then I'm gonna run 140 accubonds since the BT shoots so good. I've tried several powders. Just can't get it to do .5

Tried this load today. Best I got was an inch give or take at 100 yards. I just can't get the ablr to shoot. The gun shot a .272 group with 140 ballistic tips so I know the gun is capable. Just can't get the ablr to group like that.

Remmy 700 bdl stock barrel 7mm mag, bell Carson A5 medalist stock, jewel 2 ounce trigger. Shoots great with 140gr ballistic tips rl 22 or 25 63.3 gr norma brass 3.330 ogive.

I ll tried 168 gr smk and berger can only get .379 inche groups at 200yd

I know this has been stressed a lot on this site......after working up a load , test at different ranges. I felt the need to bring it up again, mostly because of my experience with Nosler bullets. Had tried Nosler Accubonds in previous rifles and after making chart found bullet drop to be inconsistent with ballistic chart. Now don't mistake me for someone whom thinks he is a ballistics expert. I did find with extensive testing and some technology that their BC was , well shall we say inflated? In conversation with someone who did similar testing on the .308 210 gr. long range AB, I was informed that the .731 advertised BC ( I am pretty sure that is correct) that these came out to be closer to something like a .617.
Again , let me inform you that I am no ballistics expert, but what I found with the .277 140 gr. was almost a 20% error.
After some research , I found many other people that had similar experience with different calibers. I also read in different areas that Nosler has been known to inflate BC's.
Now, before all you dedicated Nosler fans attack me, I have not said this is 100% the gospel truth across the board. I simply mentioned this to maybe save someone the heartache of a longrange miss by suggesting said person should practice at multiple distances, in different temps at different elevations if possible to find out for themselves what, if any issues may arise.

I know this has been stressed a lot on this site......after working up a load , test at different ranges. I felt the need to bring it up again, mostly because of my experienc8 with Nosler bullets. Had tried Nosler Accubonds in previous rifles and after making chart found bullet drop to be inconsistent with ballistic chart. Now don't mistake me for someone whom thinks he is a ballistics expert. I did find with extensive testing and some technology that their BC was , well shall we say inflated? In conversation with someone who did similar testing on the .308 210 gr. long range AB, I was informed that the .731 advertised BC ( I am pretty sure that is correct) that these came out to be closer to something like a .617.
Again , let me inform you that I am no ballistics expert, but what I found with the .277 140 gr. was almost a 20% error.
After some research , I found many other people that had similar experience with different calibers. I also read in different areas that Nosler has been known to inflate BC's.
Now, before all you dedicated Nosler fans attack me, I have not said this is 100% the gospel truth across the board. I simply mentioned this to maybe save someone the heartache of a longrange miss by suggesting said person should practice at multiple distances, in different temps at different elevations if possible to find out for themselves what, if any issues may arise.

I agree and would emphasize The need for good testing. With that said, I noticed berger 105gr hybrid match target an increase in elevation at 600yd. Instead of seeing the normal drop like my amax, I had to come down 1 moa =1/8 turret scope just to hit 2inch x ring. These berger are superior on target. But I dont know how they preformed on game.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.